Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Blasted Nigerian Scammers!

I put some BOSE speakers on craigslist for sale yesterday. Immediately, I get an inquiry for a woman who wants to buy them at TWICE the advertised price and have them shipped to her daughter in Nigeria. I got some more information out of curiosity, and I get this superb email from the USPS Money Order service saying my money was waiting for me, and all I had to do was send the item first in order to get my money. How funny! The email from the "USPS" looked terrific, with lots of images of smiling USPS employees and even a logo from the "Scam Gaurd" corporation in it. Pity the email address originated from mail.com!

I do feel sorry for those out there that succumb to these folks. For the newbies on the 'Net it probably looks like a great deal. Anyway, I reported this to the FBI. Not much will be done but it's my part to help protect others.

No comments: