Friday, February 17, 2006

Introducing the kids to Wallace and Gromit

Several years ago I watched "The Wrong Trousers" with Wallace and Gromit. I thought it was pretty hilarious and quite clever - sort of animation meets The Goodies. So, tonight I introduced this clever little animation to the joeys. Their grandmother had sent them the "Curse of the Wererabbit" on DVD (much to their father's excitement!). They loved it, and were transfixed and giggling all the way through. I found myself laughing at its innocence. The folks who made the film (and the rest of the series) really are smart. Apparently their warehouse in the UK, which they used to store all of their models and props, burned down several months ago. I hope they are able to keep making good family shows like this. I'm sure they are...

In the meantime, we watched the Olympics once the kids went to bed. That downhill snowboarding race is pretty spectacular. My heart doesn't bleed for the American favourite (Jacobellis) who lost the race by attempting to show off on the final jump and taking a tumble, thus allowing a competitor to pass her by and take thw gold. Don't count your chickens...

No comments: