Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Central Texas Star Party, May 22-23, 2009

Despite a heavy university workload, I am going to aim to head out to this year's Central Texas Star Party, put on by the Austin Astronomical Society. I am going to aim to be there both nights, weather permitting, and will take my new tent and camping gear. At this point I'm also aiming to take just my LX200 and get stuck into some imaging, although if there is room in my car, my Lightbridge 12" will come along as well. My target is going to be attempting to image M51. What I hope to gain is a better understanding of precise polar alignment. While I am pretty close, and have gained a good understanding of autoguiding, I still think that I can do better. Hopefully someone there will be able to show me how to get a precise polar alignment with the wedge. Anyway, it should be great fun!

No comments: