Monday, February 16, 2009

Fireball over Texas



Sadly, I didn't see this because I was out cycling and had my eyes focused on the less-than-bright drivers who were driving past me at 60MPH+. I think everyone by now has heard of the massive fireball spotted over central Texas on Sunday February 15th. There has been a lot of speculation about whether or not this was a meteor or the debris of the two satellites that recently collided, although a lot of opinion seems to be swaying towards the former. Keep your eyes on the news, though, this could be interesting!

As a matter of humor, I sent this video link to my mother in Australia. After she watched it she asked if the the people in the foreground were running away from it! It made me chuckle, anyway. And yes, I did explain that the footage was taken at the local marathon being held downtown that day.

No comments: