Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Saturn

It was relatively clear last night. Seeing was supposed to be 3/5, I thought it was more like 2/5. Anyway, I dragged the LX200 to the driveway and set it up. As opposed to my last experience with the scope, the GOTO worked perfectly after aligning on Betelgeuse and Regulus. I headed over to Saturn ands took some .AVIs using the Toucam.

The image to the left is my best attempt for the night, and possibly my best attempt ever. I'm relatively happy with the color and sharpness (albeit a little bit noisy), but it took me forever to figure out how to get the color tones just right using both adjustments while taking the .AVI file, and during post-processing.

I still have a long way to go, but this is headed in the right direction now. Then again, this may be as good as it gets considering that I'm using an ALT-AZ configuration. Hopefully I'll get a night with more stable air conditions soon and I'll try again.

No comments: