This image is one of a few test images of the moon that I took this evening, using my new Philips Toucam III, Meade LX200 8" SCT and K3CCD Tools software package. It is about 500 frames stacked from an available 900 frames, taken from a .avi file. Be sure to click on the image for the full size.
Conditions were very good (Seeing was 4/5) with excellent transparency. I took the images from my front driveway, where I set up the scope, laptop etc. in relative comfort and security. I really just spent an hour or two getting used to the camera using the K3CCDTools software that is available free off the internet. All-in-all, a decent combination of hardware and software that has already yielded some good results. This combination was much easier to use than my previous setup (Meade LPI and Autostar Suite software). I still need to learn to tweak things so that I can get a better image size overall, but this is a good start I think.
A couple more examples of quick shots are below: