Thursday, October 25, 2007

A Full Moon

I took this photo tonight of the glorious full moon that hung over the house. Same old deal as before: hand-held Fuji Finepix 8 megapixel point-and-shoot camera carefully held against the 22mm Panoptic eyepiece in my 6" Dobsonian telescope.

I also had another look at comet 17/P Holmes tonight. Definitely a fair bit brighter than last night, with a noticeably larger coma that the same time last night as well. It's a neat site really and serves as a pretty cool reminder that the night sky is not as dull and as static as some might believe.

My webcam and adapter turn up tomorrow, according to the delivery company's website. Could be good timing - if Holmes keeps putting on a decent show I could very well get a chance to capture it over the next couple of nights using the LX200.

No comments: