Saturday, October 06, 2007

Bloody Hell!

My beloved Wallabies were ousted out of the Rugby World Cup this morning. They were tipped to be easy favourites over England, who'sperformance in the World Cup thus far has been so-so. Well, England (and I will easily admit this) played some pretty good forward attacking rugby, but they relied on their star kicker, Wilkinson, to get them ahead through penalty kicks. Australia scored a try and a penalty or two and had some good moments, but made a lot of mistakes and had very little composure. It was almost as if they were too focused on bullying the English players rather than focus on modifying their tactics as needed as they usually do rather well. Very frustrating... Hopefully we can get some better coaches in and turn things around for the next RWC.

What's worse, is now I have to side with my wife and support the New Zealand All Blacks!

Astronomy-wise, I haven't had a chance to get out much. Work has been nuts, the skies so-so and I've just been tired. Hopefuylly next weekend.

No comments: