Saturday, June 09, 2007

Off we go!

We leave for Australia on Wednesday. Can't wait!

Tons of craziness between now and then, including seeing my wife through her first triathlon, preparing the house for the housesitter, packing, getting my projects at work taken care of, and other fun stuff like that. I'm also trying to get two more bike rides in before we leave (been avering around 30 miles a week, but also rode a 35 mile race two weeks ago).

I spoke to Dad tonight, and he was ranting and raving about his first ever view of a Jovian transit last night. He scored a nice 19mm Panoptic for his birthday (mum had some advice from yours truly) and the observing experience has been very different for him ever since. Go figure. I'm mildly peeved he gets to have one of those before I do, but alas that's the way it should be. It's a father-son competition thing! ;-)

Next post will hopefully be an observing log from rural Australia...

No comments: