Thursday, August 13, 2015

Perseids

Last night, despite cloudiness and distant summer lightning, I looked for the Perseids with my kids for about 6 hours, from around 8:30PM to 2:30PM local time. It wasn't a spectacular meteor shower from my perspective, averaging maybe 5-10 per hour. The clouds moved away at around 10:30PM, but came back at 2:30PM. Flashes of lightning from the distance remained persistent throughout the night, lighting up most of the sky. I saw some decent fireballs and a fair few smaller, short burst meteors. I have seen better displays in the past, though.

Below is an image of one of the meteors that graced itself in front of my 10mm lens towards the latter stages of the evening. I have lots more photos but will need to check those to see if I caught anything else!

Hope you had a decent show wherever you were watching from.


No comments: