Astronomy and Astrophotography for the Beginner and Try-Hard Amateur!
Thursday, February 19, 2015
M45 Pleiades Cluster
Current work in progress for this year. Guiding seems great. I think I have a lot to learn about post-processing though.
- 42 minutes (7 minute frames)
- 3 * 7 minute dark frames
- (no flat frames used)
- ISO 1000
- Imaged with a Nikon D7000 and Astrotelescopes 80mm ED Refractor
- Guided with a Orion SSAG and William Optics 66mm Refractor
- Mounted on a Celestron CGEM
- Stacked in DSS
- Post processing in GIMP
- Mild tonemapping in Photomatix Pro
- Noise reduction in NeatImage