Monday, October 19, 2009

Pleiades (M45) Test Shot

Below is a test shot (actually my first ever attempt) of the Pleiades cluster. I only took around seven two-minute frames for this shot. Longer exposures would have revealed much better nebulosity around Merope (brighter star at bottom of the cluster) and Maia (star at the near top of the cluster). 4 minute exposures would have been grand. To be honest I had my guiding gear with me but was too busy chatting and mucking around to set it all up. Next time...

Image Details:
  • William Optics 66MM Refractor
  • Mounted on a Meade 8" LX200 Classic with Milburn Wedge
  • Nikon D40 DSLR
  • ISO800
  • 7 *120 second light frames
  • 4*120 second dark frames
  • 8* flat frames
  • Stacked in Deep Sky Stacker
  • Level and curve adjustment in GIMP





No comments: