Tuesday, October 20, 2009

M31 Andromeda Galaxy

This image is much better than my last attempt at this beautiful galaxy. I have a long way to go yet, but this is definitely a step in the right direction. As stated in a prior post, I didn't set up my guider due to pure laziness and lack of concentration. So, this image was made of two-minute exposures. With guiding, I could at least double the exposure length and get a much better image, which I will for try next time out. I definitely have my drift alignment down now as the stars look pretty good, and you can see more detail in the galaxy itself.

Image Details:
  • William Optics 66MM Refractor
  • Mounted on a Meade 8" LX200 Classic with Milburn Wedge
  • Nikon D40 DSLR
  • ISO800
  • 37 *120 second light frames
  • 8 *120 second dark frames
  • 8 * flat frames
  • Stacked in Deep Sky Stacker
  • Level and curve adjustment in GIMP
  • Noise reduction in Neat Image




No comments: