Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Been Busy!

Sorry I haven't posted in a while! I have been busy with a new job, a rather heavy-going university course and a shift of focus onto cycling. That's not to say astronomy is taking a serious backburner.

My Milburn wedge malfunctioned the last time I had it out, and I think it's my fault in that I didn't install the replacement azimuth bar correctly. It should be an easy fix and I'll get to it soon. This has negated my ability to go out and take images. I have been chomping at the bits to try and image M51 after a very short test exposure I took of it a month ago (7 minutes total) revealed a surprising amount of detail. The next two nights are relatively clear, and I'm thinking about taking the LB12" out for some visual work.

Another astronomy article will also be posted here soon, which will assist folks in creating observing lists for their astro sessions, so stay tuned...

No comments: