Sunday, October 05, 2008

Cygnus Wide Field

The Cygnus constellation is a pretty one to look at given the right time of year and the right conditions. The Milky Way winds itself right down through the constellation, and as a result it's quite a "busy" place to observe. At this time of year it is right overhead. I have seen some folks take lovely wide field shots of this area of the sky, so thought I would give it a try.

I managed to capture some Milky Way structure. There's some noise from the camera at upper right. I am finding that a bit annoying, maybe I need to take dark shots even for my wide field attempts. (?)

Image Details:
  • 50mm focal length, mounted on static tripod
  • 7mins 30secs made up of 30 second exposures
  • ISO1600
  • Stacked and initial processing in Deep Sky Stacker
  • Further curve adjustment in Photoshop
Click on image for full size

No comments: