Conditions were quite nice last night. Seeing was 4/5, transparency was 3/5. Not too bad.
I spent several hours tinkering with the Toucam last night. I first performed a barlowed collimation of the LX200 first, and then took several .AVI files of the moon which I processed in K3CCDTools and Photoshop. Below are a couple of examples of the results.
I still need to work on getting good focus. The detail is okay in these but I would like sharper images. Still, the Toucam is really paying off, giving better results than the Meade LPI without a doubt.
I also took several long images of Mars. When processed I'll post them here. The AVIs look pretty good, I captured the ice cap and some surface detail. I just can't seem to extrapolate any really decent detail yet. I'll keep working at it.
I also gave another tour of the moon over the internet last night using the Toucam and MSN messenger. Dad was home from work early so he sat there and I roamed over the moon with my scope, and he really enjoyed it.