Observing list with comments (and specific reference to the 22mm Panoptic) below:
- M57 (Ring Nebula): With the 22 Pan by itself, I could see a very small nebula with a nice flat star field behind it. With the 2X barlow, the Ring was clearly seen with terrific contrast.
- M27 (Dumbbell Nebula): Didn't need to use the barlow with the 22 Pan for this! Lovely image, very clear, pronounced nebula. Best view of it to date.
- M81 (Bode's Nebula): Faint due to light pollution but the 22 Pan gave a nice view nonetheless.
- M82 (Cigar Galaxy): Object very clear and distinct, nice!
- M8 (Lagoon Nebula): Pan showed a lovely flat field of view with starts and good nebulosity
- M13 (Great Globular on Hercules): Nice and bright with the regular Pan 22, lots of stars resolved. With the barlow it was rather dark, though, but still a pleasant sight.
- M17 (Omega Nebula): Very clear, just wonderful (one of my favorite gray smudges up there!) Pan 22 did a lovely job of displaying this object.
- M6 (Butterfly Cluster): Pan showed great star color, tack sharp!
I actually just sold my Orion Stratus 22mm and 8mm eyepieces. The money from those will go to either a Radian 10mm or a Nagler 9mm...