Monday, August 14, 2006

LX200 RA Drive Playing Up?

Last time I took my scope out, the RA drive seemed to be doing odd things. Specifically, it seemed to take on a jerking movement when tracking objects in the southwest region of the sky, and when I slewed the scope in the "CENTER" mode to the West, the movement was very jerky indeed. After doing a bit of research, I found a chap in the UK who seems to have a fix for it. It will involve a little open-heart surgery but we'll see what happens. My only alternative is to send the scope either to Meade directly or to a fellow in Arkansas who services and fine tunes telescopes for a living. Either way, it's a $400 exercise. So, I'll take the surgery option first and will see if it helps. Stay tuned...

Otherwise, the new job is going just GREAT. Superb software application, very exciting industry. I can't get out the door soon enough each morning. I never thought I'd be in this position really. Good stuff.

No comments: